Monday, March 23, 2009

Comments, please!

Ever have one of those days where sitting at the computer is the only thing you have enough energy to do? This is one of those days for me, so I took the time to change some of the settings on this blog regarding the posting of comments. It has come to my attention that I actually have several readers who are NOT my dear friend Natalie in Florida, who to date appears to be the only person who has ever posted a comment here.

It turns out that's because blogger novice (me) had the comment settings restricted in such a way that only people with an account on this same blog service (like Natalie) could post. That eliminated all of you who so nicely have humored me by saying that you really, really have wanted to post comments but couldn't.

So now we'll just see how much you really want to comment! (Thought you'd never get called on that one, huh?!)

I'm stuck at home today with a miserably ill Elijah. But I'm thankful that he waited to get sick until AFTER Sunday's beautiful family afternoon of kite-flying at an urban park not far from here. I blame his tummy troubles on the hideous Tweety-Bird-shaped concoction obtained from one of those ice cream trucks that always seem to be driven by illegal aliens or convicted felons. You'd think the relentless aural assault of distorted speakers playing a calliope version of "Turkey in the Straw" over and over -- without ever actually reaching the chorus -- would be enough to send anyone fleeing back to Mexico or prison. But apparently not.

I'll post some new photos soon -- perhaps even photos of the sickly-sweet melting Tweety-Bird episode. That's just a heads-up for you squeamish types and you health-nut types. It's not pretty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bit about Turkey in the Straw without reaching the chorus and it's enough to send them back to prison and Mexico. You are a funny man Jeff Nessel! Dan Steinberg

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Dan! Let's give credit where credit is due! (The posts by Jeff are the ones with lots of pictures. The posts by me are the ones with lots of words. I'm too lazy to do pictures and never know when to stop with the words!)

Natalie Willis said...

Awwwwwwwww, but I will always have a special place cause I was your first right??? :-)
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I knew it was you, Sarah....just teasing. (Teasing Jeff is so sixties...seventies....eighties....nineties...oughts....)You think I can't tell the difference between good writing and bad? (Actually you're both good writers...fun to read.) But I wouldn't go near anyone wearing black socks and tennis shoes. Dan Steinberg