Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why we can't live without the Internet

Because we have too much time on our hands, that's why! Ever wondered how many people in the U.S. have your same name? From now on, any time someone asks me why I changed my name when I got married, I'll direct them to this site:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere is
1
person with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?



Just for the record, there are 7,791 people in the U.S. named Sarah Smith, and I can tell you from my early attempts at qualifying for credit cards that some of them have very, very bad credit (this was way back when bad credit actually kept you from getting more cards). Also, they apparently hang out at bars a lot and give strange men their names but not their phone numbers, leading these strange men to look through the phone book the next day and start placing pathetic calls asking "Is this the Sarah Smith I met at the club last night?" Uh, no.

And so when Jeff and I married, I went WAY outside my belief system and decided to become Sarah Nessel. And it worked! Apparently, there is only one person (yours truly!) named Sarah Nessel.

But if you're thinking of addressing any formal invitations to me (granted, this is unlikely!) please note that there is NO person named "Mrs. Jeffrey Nessel." Don't even get me started!

1 comment:

blueskiesmakemehigh said...

i hate to break it to you but my name is Sarah Faye Nessel and you are not the only one.lol. I googled my name and your page came up and i read your post, and decided i would break it to you.lol You might be married to one of my relatives...sorry :)