Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Palin in comparison

Those of you who know me know I'm not a terribly political person. I leave that to Jeff, who thrives on politics -- be it local, state or national -- the way the rest of us thrive on things like food and water and oxygen (and, in my case, caffeine).

But every once in a while, I come across a political essay or op-ed piece that I feel compelled to share. This is such a piece. It's by Sam Harris, whom you either love or hate (and I love him!). The third page, in which he discusses the baffling attitude so many Americans have toward "elitism" in politics, is well worth your time, regardless of how you feel about his views on other matters.

Please read it, and give it careful consideration before casting your vote in November.

No comments: