Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What kind of sports are you illustrating?

Every year that line, or something very similar to it, is found in the letters column of Sports Illustrated in regard to the annual swimsuit issue. For those of you who have never seen this particular issue, the models are beyond gorgeous, the locales are exotic and beautiful, and the suits are from the minimalist wing of the fashion world. In fact, there is more material in Elijah's Thomas the Train underwear than in most of the bikinis featured. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Either I'm getting older or more realistic, but when I get this issue I usually peruse it pretty quickly and then forget about it. This year was no exception, and it was collecting dust on an end table in our den when Elijah discovered it.

As he looked through the magazine, I wondered what would get his attention. The models? The pictures of the beaches? The ads? Well, I got my answer the next day when he drew his interpretation of Bar Refaeli and her co-models:

No comments: